May is National Foster Care Month! Josiah White’s creates new possibilities for children, teens, and families through foster care licensing and support throughout the state of Indiana. In Mark 9:37, Jesus said, “Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the one who sent me.” This verse both inspires and guides us in our foster care ministry in Wabash, Indianapolis, Fort Wayne, South Bend, Merrillville, and Greenwood.
We invite you to join Josiah White’s in recognizing this month through the following ways:
- Pray for foster children, their families, foster parents, and social workers.
- Share Josiah White’s social media posts about foster care to help raise awareness.
- Donate to provide supplies such as diapers, clothing, etc. for foster children coming into placement with one of our foster families.
- Invite a Josiah White’s Foster Care Advocate to come speak to your church about how the congregation can get involved. Contact us here.
- Attend our 2nd Annual “I Walk with Fosters” event on Saturday, May 20th. Learn more about the event and register here!
- Babysit for or bring a meal to a local foster family.
- Mentor a foster youth who has aged out of the system.
- Learn more about Josiah White’s Foster Care and inquire about becoming a foster parent here.